KALISPELL ROYAL RANGERS DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT
KALISPELL ROYAL RANGERS DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT
RUMORS are true.....KALCC RANGERS are going to have a DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT!!!
Dodgeball Tournament is on Saturday 1/25. Orientation starts at 9:30 AM. Games begin on 10:00 AM
Sign-up here. We will help place you on a team.
WANNA SEE WHO IS SIGNED UP? CHECK OUT HERE
- Each match will consist of 10-minute games with running clock. If neither team has been eliminated at the end of 10 minutes. The remaining number of players available will determine the team’s points.
- Games will be played in the KALCC Activity Center unless otherwise posted.
- Players are “out” of the game when hit on a fly below the shoulders (NO INTENTIONAL DUCKING) or when their thrown ball is caught on a fly.
- Players who are out need to leave playing area by entering “team boxes.”
- No time-outs.
- A player has 5 seconds to (EX: Stall 1, Stall 2, Stall 3…Stall 5.) "Shot clock" to throw the ball. No stalling.
- No Taunting. “NO MOUTH” Rule, Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. Player may be called out and sportsmanship rating can be affected.
- No Dodgeball Abuse! This includes but is not limited to: kicking, ripping, squeezing, and dunking of dodge balls. Offenders will be called out.
- Players will be expected to rule whether or not they were eliminated by a legal hit. All contests will be supervised by the referee.
- Protect yourself at all times! An opposing player may not know you are out. Avoid getting hurt by getting off the court immediately once you are called out and be on the lookout as you are getting off. Protect yourself even if you are not playing and watching from the stands as well!
- Team Captain is responsible for informing all team members on rules & regulations and for enforcing Code of Conduct.
- Teams include 6 players that shall play the each game. A team must have a minimum 6 players and a maximum 10 players on their roster. Substitutes may enter the game only during timeouts or in the case of injury.
- Players arriving late may enter the game at the start of a new set.
- Teams not ready to play within 5 minutes after the scheduled starting time (not when the preceding game finishes) will receive a no show loss.
- All players that participate in a game must be on the team registration.
- All players are limited to the dodge ball court during the game. They may only leave the court under the following two conditions. One, they got “out”. Two, to attempt to catch a deflected ball that is still live (not considered dead). Example: Player A throws the ball at Player B, the ball deflects off of Player B. Player B or any of his teammates try to catch the ball before it hits the ground.
- During play, all players must remain within the boundary lines. Players may not reach across the centerline to retrieve the ball. Players may leave the boundaries through their end-line only to retrieve stray balls. They must also return through their end-line. Players that are out and standing on the sideline may toss a ball that has left the field of play to their teammates, but may only do that from their own side and must do so immediately...
- KALCC Royal Rangers will provide the Dodge balls. No player shall wear equipment that is dangerous to other players.
- There will be 6 official balls used in tournament play.
- All jewelry, headwear, metal or hard plastic hair control items, or other dangerous equipment are prohibited. Medical alert bracelets and religious jewelry must also be taped to the skin.
- Participants must wear shoes, shirts and pants/shorts. Wear comfortable athletic clothing. SNEAKERS ARE MANDATORY. Participants that are playing must be dressed in appropriate athletic attire. No players wearing sandals, boots, or jeans will be allowed to play. Keep in mind: a referee can/will call you out if a ball hits your clothing.
- A referee will supervise all games. The referee’s decision is final! No exceptions! Excessive arguing will cost that team a point. All players are expected to be honorable and on their best behavior. Please call yourself out even if the referee did not see you!!!
- Any players who wish to speak with the official must talk to their team captain. Only team captains may talk to the officials.
- Any disruptive participant may be given an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (Loss of a point), at the discretion of the official. Unsportsmanlike conduct includes, but is not limited to: Foul Language, Hits above the shoulders, Unnecessary roughness, Arguing with court officials.
- A KALCC Royal Ranger member will be responsible for maintaining the official score and should be contacted immediately to address any scoring issues. No scoring protest will be heard at the end of the game.
- Each team will play three matches that will determine their place in the tournament bracket.
- All teams will be competing for the most points. After the first 3 rounds, teams will be placed in the bracket based on their points.