1) A contestant may enter only 1 car per racing class. The owner of the car must be present to race.
2) In order to be eligible for competition (either racing or workmanship), a car must fit on and roll down the track without interfering with any other car. Ranger Derby cars must be purchased from KALCC. Contestants must use the parts provided in the kit for their intended use. A new car must be made each year from a Royal Ranger pinewood derby car kit (cars from previous years cannot be used). This kit comes with a wood block for a body, wheels, axles and axle housings. There can be no substitutions for any of these elements. Additional items that participants may use include glue, a dry lubricant, polish, paint, weights and fixed decorative ornaments. Each ranger can make and enter no more than two cars per year.
3) Cars (except those entered in the unlimited class) must meet the following specifications. Note: Check the kit block before you start to make sure that it does not exceed any of the requirements.
5) Once a car has been turned in on registration day, February 19th, NO further work may be done to it. Car will be considered complete and ready to race.
6) 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes are awarded in each class. A race featuring the first place winners from the Ranger Kids, Discovery Rangers, Adventure & Expedition Rangers classes determines the grand champion.